Building? Will You Never Learn!

The day started well enough, the IKEA ALEFJÄLL chair went together reasonably easily, with little or no assistance! But then the first problem of the day became seriously apparent.

For whatever reason, the website work which I had been working on for the last three days wasn't accessible. I'm sure it's all down to my not feeling great after the vaccination.


Anyway, as Pangloss often said, it's for the best, because now I am almost a seasoned professional with the Xway software, so it's plain sailing from now on in.

But just as things were looking up it was time to be sunk once again, this time by choosing to watch Sheffield Wednesday struggle against fellow strugglers Birmingham City.

By the end of ninety minutes, and with my favourite player having been sent off for two, what back in the day when I played, would have been called quite ordinary tackles.

No amount of meditation can calm me from the frustration that football brings; why do I bother do you ask? Well, it goes right back, to my grandparent's photograph.

We all have our roots, and our heritage don't we, and mine are secured in the professionally taken image which no way could my family afford. 

I think the strip, and the ball, and the boots were borrowed.

In Every Place We Make Our Own Space

I don’t remember the bedrooms

Or the stairs

At Ten Brick Row

I am able to recall even less

From Whiteley Terrace

Not even the front door

So it was The Crown, at Birdsedge

Where clarity began

A snooker table, a football field

Back though into a vacuum

At the White Door

Room dividing curtains perhaps

Rotcher is clearer now than then

It was a King Crimson party

In a 1930’s semi-detached

Sadly not to last

On to two houses

A family half in half

Then an upside-down arrangement

A bedroom with a door

Onto a lane going nowhere particularly

Then finally, in this phase of life

A council house, with a window

Up above the front door

Which somehow when

Probably pretty well inebriated

I would climb in through

Popular posts from this blog

Sailing, I am sailing (but not with Rod Stewart)

The Best Delivery?